Saturday 31 July 2010

WEN Hair Care - Review

Hi!

I recently received a pile of goodies from the lovely people over at WEN Hair Care, including one of the core products; the WEN Cleansing Conditioner. Now, I haven't really had many problems with my hair. It can be a bit fine and fly away, dry-ish and tangly, but in the grand scheme of things, I think I've gotten pretty lucky with my hair. When I discovered purple shampoo at LUSH, I thought I would never look for another product!

However, when it arrived, I promptly hopped in the shower and I opened the bottle of conditioner with trepidation; how could I justify chucking a pile of thick creamy conditioner on my head and expect it to clean my hair??

"The WEN® Cleansing Conditioner is special because it cleanses hair thoroughly but without lathering and all the harsh ingredients that may be found in ordinary shampoos - it is designed so it won’t strip your hair and scalp of their natural oils. Your hair is left with sheen, moisture and manageability." (from the website)

There are no laureth sulphates, so it's kind to your hair and because it's a cream that you smooth through your locks, there is no rubbing or scrubbing to work up a lather. It's fresh because of the sweet almondy minty smell and the conditioner is light.


So did it work? Take a look for yourself! This pic was taken just a few days after starting using it. Blonde hair isn't really known for having a shine, but this day my hair was practically glowing!



I've been using it every day for a few weeks now and not once has it left my hair dull, greasy or anything other than lovely and manageable! It has body at the roots and is so soft when I leave it straight, or a I chuck in some of the Texture Balm for a more 'rolled out of bed' look.


I am loving this stuff! My mum is currently trialling the 'Re Moist Intensive Hair Treatment' for me as she has very thick, dry hair, so will let you know how she gets on soon. Check out more of the products here

A xx

4 comments:

  1. Your hair looks great!! Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda you have beautiful hair and the colour is amazing! My own hair is naturally dark blonde hair and yours is what Id love! I have a sad feeling I read in your blog that its your natural colour is it? I need it! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could not resist commenting. Very well
    written!
    Stop by my web page ... funnymariogames

    ReplyDelete