Saturday 6 February 2010

Cargo Lip Gloss

Maybe it's just me, but I've always wandered past CARGO on my way to Urban Decay. I've never really paid it any attention until today, when this little beauty caught me eye. This colour is called Alexandria and it is simply stunning.
I thought I was paying £12 for a regular lip gloss. It turns out that CARGO lip glosses are not regular; they come with 'Timestrip Technology'!! I didn't even notice this addition until the little card fell out. At first, I thought it was the security tag and was bemused to discover that it was actually designed to save me from using my new lip gloss past the 9 month recommended use-by date. 9 months?? Really?? I don't think it's necessary if you have an ounce of Common Sense, but it's a fun little gimmick. For those who are interested, you insert the card in the end of the tube and it gradually turns red until it reaches the 9 month mark. Kinda reminds me of a pregnancy test, to be honest.



I can't stand glittery lipglosses; I look for a sheer colour, not for a disco in a tube and this does not disappoint. It has a sheen rather than a shimmer and glides on like a dream. The colour is very, very sheer but would probably have a bit more oomph over the top of a lipstick. It has no stickyness whaatsoever and isn't streaky. I'm delighted with my little find and the price is a wee bit cheaper than my usual Chanel gloss. Which is nice.




I bought this in Boots for £12.

No comments:

Post a Comment